Helping Californians Facilitate Their Financial Recovery
Our team of seasoned bankruptcy lawyers brings a wealth of experience to the table, putting our attorneys in the best position to secure a successful outcome for clients. Through our guidance, settling your debt can become a quicker and more cost-effective process than you might expect.
Our Alameda County bankruptcy attorney can help you with debt relief by filing of the following:
- Chapter 7: Known as 'liquidation bankruptcy,' this option allows you to wipe out most of your unsecured debts. It's often a preferred choice for individuals with limited income who can't pay back their debts.
- Chapter 11: This is a common route for businesses that need to restructure their debts while continuing operations. It provides a way for businesses to keep running while repaying creditors over time.
- Chapter 12: Specifically designed for "family farmers" or "family fishermen," this bankruptcy chapter involves a payment plan that allows you to repay all or part of your debts over three to five years. It offers more generous terms to debtors than Chapter 13.
- Chapter 13: Also known as 'wage earner's bankruptcy,' this form of bankruptcy allows individuals with regular income to create a plan to repay all or part of their debts over three to five years without liquidating assets.
Reach out to the legal team at Financial Relief Law Center online or call (949) 284-0715 to start your journey towards financial recovery today. Our attorneys are ready to guide you through this complex process and help you regain your financial stability.
How to Determine Whether Bankruptcy is the Right Choice for You
The decision to file for bankruptcy may present its own set of challenges, but it also provides a solution to persistent financial issues. If you're currently struggling to manage your debt, bankruptcy can offer a way to eliminate a sizable portion of it. Despite potential impacts on your credit and possible loss of assets, bankruptcy offers an opportunity to rebuild your financial stability from scratch.
People often opt for bankruptcy for the following reasons:
- Elimination of most debts
- Prevention of foreclosure
- Halting wage garnishment
- Stopping bank account levies
- Ending creditor harassment
- Reorganizing or releasing debt obligations
- Preserving assets such as cars and homes (in Chapter 7)
- Avoiding Liens
How a Bankruptcy Impacts Your Credit Score
Filing for bankruptcy can have numerous positive effects, particularly when you're drowning in debt. However, it's important to note that bankruptcy does have immediate costs, including a negative impact on your credit report and score.
In the short term, finding willing creditors might be challenging post-bankruptcy. However, the exact impact varies depending on individual circumstances and how different creditors perceive bankruptcy.
If you're concerned about future credit availability, remember that bankruptcy offers a fresh start. It eliminates the negative effects of missed payments and escalating debt, allowing you to rebuild your credit score over time. If bankruptcy enables you to manage your debt effectively, your credit score can gradually recover.
Strategies for Addressing Your Debt Concerns
There are numerous solutions available for handling consumer or business debt issues. At Financial Relief Law Center, APC, our attorneys specialize in various legal areas, offering a comprehensive approach to resolving your debt and other financial problems.
Our services are affordable and designed to help our clients secure a fresh start by eliminating or reorganizing as much debt as possible. We have the experience and dedication needed to shield you from creditors seeking bank account levies, foreclosure, and wage garnishment. With our immediate protection, you can halt these actions and regain control of your financial situation.
Speak with an Alameda County bankruptcy lawyer from Financial Relief Law Center at (949) 284-0715 to determine if filing for bankruptcy is right for you.
As attorneys who routinely support consumers in potentially dire financial straits, we are empathetic and compassionate about what these problems mean to our clients. More importantly, we’ve grown to understand how important it is that we only deliver our best possible work so our clients’ chances of getting the best possible outcome are secured.
- Free Consultations
- Constant Client Communication
- Solutions Fit for Your Unique Case
- 30+ Years of Combined Legal Experience