Areas of Concentration
Richard Sturdevant is an associate at the firm’s Irvine office. Mr. Sturdevant’s bankruptcy practice focuses on representing debtors in Chapter 7, 13, and 11 matters. Mr. Sturdevant handles bankruptcy litigation and adversary proceedings and has a steady stream of creditor work in a relief from stay context. Mr. Sturdevant has a background in family law and worked at a family law focused firm while in his early years of practice. His family law experience is crucial in counseling clients in bankruptcy crossover matters.
Bankruptcy Case History
Sturdevant prosecutes bankruptcy cases in each of the four districts in California with the following case history and experience, as of February 2019:
- Chapter 7 History: 123 cases filed with cases filed in each District's court.
- Chapter 11 History: Representing debtor or creditor in 9 cases with Chapter 11 plans of reorganization confirmed in the Central and Northern Districts of California.
- Chapter 13 History: 228 cases filed with cases filed in each District's court. Plans confirmed in each of the Central, Southern, Eastern, and Northern Divisions with cases handled in front of every active Chapter 13 Trustee in the State of California.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court - Central District of California
- United States District Court - Southern District of California
- United States District Court - Eastern District of California
- United States District Court - Northern District of California
- Chapman University School of Law, 2007 J.D.
- San Diego State University, 2004 B.A.