For Our Clients
Initial Client Guide: General Insolvency and Bankruptcy Clients
The documentation we collect for general insolvency and bankruptcy is similar to loan modification and workout agreements, and quite frequently, our clients request our services for both to enable them to obtain a fresh start. Bankruptcy creates something called an automatic stay in most scenarios that enables us time within the bankruptcy case to work on the loan modification and loan workout.
1. Credit Counseling
The first step is to take credit counseling which should take between one and two hours and will generate a certificate that we need to file with your bankruptcy paperwork.
The Lawcenter has accounts with the following companies. Please use the attorney code both on the first and second courses if you use these companies:
- Use Attorney Code: ACC97854
- Use Attorney Code: AW22373
Allen Credit & Debt Counseling Agency
- Use Attorney Code: FR19775
- Use Attorney Code AW546
- Online Courses (Same fees for individual or joint filers)
- $ 14.99 for the Credit Counseling Course (No Additional cost for Joint Filers)
- $ 7.99 for the Debtor Education Course
- Telephonic Courses
- $ 20.00 for the Credit Counseling (Additional $10 for Joint Filers)
- $ 20.00 for the Debtor Education
CC Advising - 1st Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Course.
- CC Advising offers the first course but you need to use a different company for your second course after filing
- Use Attorney Code 214970
- Use Attorney Code: CA4023
- $24 for the first course
- $14 for the second (e-file is free)
- Attorney Code bwlawcenter
- No attorney code available
- Use Attorney Code: PBAW4398
- First Course: $14.95
- Second Course: $9.95
US DOJ Approved Credit Counseling Agencies
- The US DOJ has a list of approved credit counseling agencies. We are not affiliated with any of these companies, nor do we approve or endorse any specific company. Use any company approved by the US DOJ that you would like to obtain your credit counseling and debtor education certificates. Your are not required to use the two options above, we merely provide you this information as a service and option for two approved companies you may use.
2. Document Transmission
Please transmit sensitive documents by email (as a PDF), fax, mail, or in person. Go to the Contact Us page if you need any help along the way.
Getting Started Is Easy Let Our Team Help You Secure a Brighter Future