What Do I Need to Do to Close My Bankruptcy Case?

Financial Relief Law Center
What needs to be done to close out your case and help you obtain your discharge depends on the chapter of bankruptcy you are in and the jurisdiction your case is filed.  The two basic things that you as clients need to do are:

1) take your second course in financial management (you can use Access Counseling, Inc. and use attorney code AW22373 and they will file the certificate of completion on your behalf); 
2) apply for a discharge on the local form that we may call a 1328 form.  We will fill the form out on your behalf and have you review and sign.  

There may be other requirements in your case to close it, such as obtaining an order avoiding the junior lien on your home once we do obtain a discharge or we may need a motion to modify to adjust your plan if it no longer complies with the original confirmation order.  Make sure to contact us and keep us apprised of your finances and any issues you have throughout your case and we will spend time with you near the time of your discharge to guide you through the process.
Related Posts
  • An Overview of Corporate Bankruptcy Filing: How Does It Work? Read More
  • Can HOA Dues Be Discharged in Bankruptcy? Read More
  • What Happens If You Default on a Corporate Lease? Read More